Installing your Underwater Fish Light is much easier than many people think. We design our lights for easy installation, so you can see fish as soon as possible! We want you to spend most of your time enjoying the fish, not trying to puzzle out how to put it together.
Prepare Your Dock For Underwater Dock Lights
In order to install these underwater dock lights, you’ll need to prep your dock first. You’ll need to make sure you have a 110-outlet. All of our dock light systems are equipped with a GFCI plug that goes directly into a 110-outlet. Next, you’ll need a post on your dock to mount your control box to. This post will need to be within 10 feet of the 110-outlet.
Depending on the size of the dock light you purchase and the size of your mounting post, you may want to get a Dock System Mounting Plaque. This plaque helps you mount your dock light control box securely to your dock post.
Start Installing Your New Underwater Dock Light
Now that your dock is set up correctly, you’re ready to start installing your fish light! Below is a step-by-step installation guide for your dock light system.
- Mount the Control box on post/pillar at least 4 to 6 feet above the waterline and within 10 feet from an APPROVED GFI OUTLET
- (Do Not over-tighten the screws used to mount the control box to the pillar/post).
- Note Mount the control box in a well-ventilated area.
- Once you determine where you would like to place the light, attach the weight with the zip ties, to the light cord a minimum of 3 inches from the base of the housing/bulb, and lower the weight into the water. The bulb unit will follow.
- BE SURE TO HANDLE IT WITH CARE!!!! DO NOT BANG/BUMP THE BULB!! Keep in mind, that the bulb must always be submerged underwater, and may never be lit out of the water.
- Attach the photocell to the top of the box, taking care to align the prongs
- The photocell attaches with a “twist-lock.” Simply align the prongs and twist the photocell on
- Plug the 10-foot power cord with the inline GFCI
- Once again, be sure your outlet is a GFCI-approved outlet
- Wait for the sun to set, and enjoy!